Monday, February 1, 2010

Play Time - The Early Days

Figuring out what one is supposed to do to help develop and amuse a new born is harder than I thought.  I keep feeling like we should be providing more entertainment for the little guy, but most attempts seem to fail!
At just 5 days old it shouldn't have come as a big surprise that when we put Liam on his gorgeous, soft, sheep play mat (an awesome gift from his aunt Nassim), he would choose to fall asleep.

We decided to try again at two weeks old and the improvement was that his eyes stayed open!

Here's Liam at one week "enjoying" his chair!

Amusing to us lately is that when we put him in the chair he will look and swat at the toys for a few minutes and then suddenly he lets out a shriek as though he's been frightened by the animals! Shortly after that moment we remove him or the toys.  

2 comments:

  1. I would sleep on it too - it's so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was telling a story the other day in which I was saying about another child, "no the baby really liked it she went right to sleep!" to which Matt answered, "Sleep? is that the measure of how much they are enjoying it? Well in that case, when I fall asleep at the ballet, know that it's only because I'm having so much fun."

    ReplyDelete