Sunday, December 19, 2010

My 30th Birthday Weekend

I know that turning 30 is supposed to be some big deal, so it might come as a surprise to hear how tame my birthday weekend really ended up being.  There were no crazy parties or late nights but I'm not sure how many people can claim they built a house on their 30th birthday.  So what if it was just a gingerbread house, and if, in fact, it was less house looking and more bombay slum.
The weekend celebrations started with great food at a newly discovered Indian restaurant in Lugano - Degli Amici.  What a great find!  All 24 or so of us were pleased with the food.  (We were responsible and had a babysitter so Liam could stay home).
Saturday morning was the TASIS Gingerbread house building competition.  I have no idea which group one, but our team of Andy and Emily Abell and James, Liam and I sure were creative!
Sunday evening Beril and Courtenay had a small girls dinner for me at Beril's house.  Delicious Thai food and no worrying about the baby since James was home with him.


Anyway, here are few pictures from dinner on Friday night, and our Saturday morning Gingerbread house competition. 
Normal us at my birthday dinner

 Normal Matt and Jen 
 Leigh and Gavin
 James with his leg of lamb
 Emily and Alli
 Sat Gingerbread house dream team - The Abells and us
 Design team hard at work - oh wait, James is feeding Liam!  Just Andy hard at work
 The finished product - please note the licorice and jelly head person hanging from the front of the building in a Mission Impossible stunt to break into our building!

1 comment:

  1. That's a strange gingerbread house - what happened to them in the end? Liam is a moosh - `I like his face in the one where you are all standing - a bit of personality!

    ReplyDelete