Monday, June 18, 2012

School has finally ended and the sun has been peeking out a bit more in the past few weeks so that it feels like summer is here.  We have had a few nice hot days and some in between but I'm still nervous that I won't get to see Eowyn in all her summer outfits because our days just haven't been that consistent.  She's already 3 and a half months, which just boggles my mind.  Where has time flown?!

As usual I we have a trip to chronicle, but before that I wanted to do a general recap on things round here.  They have been full on and mostly great, although the end of year stuff at TASIS can always get to be a bit much.  The other big issue was what would be happening with child care stuff in the fall.  Sarah, who has been helping us out since before Eowyn was born, was scheduled to graduate in Sept leaving us with a big old void.  Unfortunately for her, but great for us, things have worked out so that she won't graduate till March, so it gives us a little more time and consistency.  The number of hours will change, but at least it looks like I will have regular help in the mornings from her so I can still work.

What else?  Eowyn is chatting up a storm these days.  Her smile lights up my heart every time, and there's something so familiar when I look into her shiny brown (yes, I do believe they are brown!) eyes.  She has even started to giggle more which is truly the most precious sound on earth.  The big change with her is that she suddenly decided that sleeping on her belly wasn't doing it, and so as of about 2 weeks ago she's been primarily sleeping on her back.  But because of that and her flailing arms we have been swaddling her so that she doesn't always disturb herself.  Many times it's successful, but we still have issues with her whacking herself in the face.  She is also mostly out of the swing for sleeping (though last night I can't say what was happening!)  But she's been napping in her crib if we're home, and her first sleep of the night has been in the crib too.  If we get her in bed on time she will often fall asleep on her own, which is wonderful.  Maybe she needs a pacifier popped in or something once or twice, but mostly she's good.  There were even a couple of days she did 2 two hour naps during the day, which was totally text book.  Most often she'll nap her 20-30mins in the morning, maybe twice and then take one longer nap in the afternoon.   Still, we have more routine than we did with Liam at this point, I think!

And finally an update on the things Liam says!  Recently I asked him to do something like come for a diaper change or whatever.  He looks at me as says: "Let me think about it....um...no".

Not even joking.  So then I told James and because he realized it was funny of course he did it multiple times over.  The other thing that cracked me up the other day was when I asked him to take his shoes off and get ready for nap.  He says to me: "I take my shoes off and then help with the groceries, how bout that?"  Little fire cracker!  


Us on our first night out at the graduation senior banquet
Oh how I love these two!  They are just so cute!   
Little babaganush!  She is such a sweet thing
Always intense with her gaze and so alert all the time! 
A bit blurry, but I love the interaction of the two of them
Liam and Eowyn sharing the blanket

No comments:

Post a Comment