Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fall Visit from Grandma - Oct, 2014

We loved having Grandma Gail visit us this Fall, despite the fact that I also happened to dislocate my pinky toe AGAIN, the morning after she arrived.  I'm actually astounded that this keeps happening!  This time was once again, on the beloved high chair (we should really get rid of it!)  Anyway, somehow we still managed to do a few things together and I'm thankful that the injury happened when Mims was here and just before a long weekend so that I could slow down and recover a bit.  I am also grateful to all my friends and James and Mims for stepping up and helping me out with getting kids to school and back and everything else!  

So back to Mims visit.  We actually had really good weather for most of her stay!  Hurray!  I was also so happy because she did a Family Virtues Workshop for me and my friends, which I think was really meaningful for all of us.  We are at least now working on a shared languaging, which is so helpful.  Meanwhile, thanks to a long weekend we had a chance to take Mims up to Luzern for a day trip.  It was cool but ended up being a lovely day, and we did all our favorite things - Lunch at hotel Balance, Berliner, Bretzels, Tidbits for take away dinner, and a good amble about the walking area!  Oh and Starbucks!  

Mims, James and the kids also went to the Bellinzona castles and had a great time.  Unfortunately I can't seem to find any of the photos...During the week Eowyn, Mims and I went downtown for a morning so that Mims could get her haircut and then just a wander around.  Generally it was good times.  I love that the kids are more open to having Grandma do things, and things are slowly improving so that Eowyn is willing to be a bit more friendly with her!

Enjoying a new book with Grandma
On our drive up to Luzern
Sunny mountain views 
Luzern is a pretty city
Cheeky Liam
Our Starbucks stop in the late afternoon meant Gelato for the kids!
The old bridge
Great Daddy moment on the river 
Watching the swans
Almost a perfect picture (thanks Eowyn!)
Wandering around the old town is always better with a balloon
Admiring the buildings
Nothing better than a sleeping babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment