Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Liam in Lucca

A week ago we took Liam on his first little trip to Lucca, Italy for a visit with Sonja. We had some beautiful weather interspersed with thunderstorms which I think we were grateful for because it helped cool things off a little. Highlights included walking around the wall of the old town, looking out the apartment window and seeing the duomo of St. Michele, some good old Italian cooking, and some of the best gelato around.
Sonja, Liam and me in front of the Duomo
Liam and me outside the wall of the old town
James, Sonja and Liam taking a walk along the wall
This is the view from Sonja's living room window
See?
Yummy Gelato
Lows for the weekend included me getting sick (And passing it along to James and Liam), and our car battery dying and having to call our version of AAA to get a jump start. All in all it was a lovely 4 days and we managed take one route down along the coast, and drive up another for lots of scenic driving. We even made a quick (and by quick I mean not even 15 mins) stop in Pisa to see the requisite leaning tower.
Family portrait at the Leaning Tower
Leaning papa 
Liam hanging out with Sonja just before we left
The aftermath of feeding Liam blueberry, banana and vanilla puree on our drive home (he wasn't a huge fan)


1 comment:

  1. I love him in the orange shirt - I think it really suits his skin and eye colour somehow and I think the white shorts are very cute!

    ReplyDelete